Tacton Systems AB: Tacton Design Automation
About Tacton Systems AB:
Tacton Systems is a leading global vendor of product configuration and sales configuration solutions. Tacton Design Automation is a standard integration for SOLIDWORKS®, providing comprehensive and easy-to-use rule-based design automation and knowledge-based engineering to the SOLIDWORKS® community.
Tacton Design Automation provides rule-driven engineer-to-order automation in SOLIDWORKS®. Some of its strengths are interactivity, ease of maintenance, and ability to run inside the SOLIDWORKS® user interface next to the assembly document. Engineers can easily configure optimal designs of highly complex products, based on predefined design rules, and automatically generate complete 2D drawings and 3D models. Tacton Design Automation can create all kinds of SOLIDWORKS® assemblies and sub-assemblies, including any combination of parts and part configurations, driving any dimensions and states, as well as mates, features, and properties.
Rules maintenance is radically simplified with the Tacton Design Automation Studio, a graphical point-and-click environment within the SOLIDWORKS® task pane where dependencies between design parameters are captured concisely with no need for programming or typing in rules or sequential formulas.
With Tacton CPQ, sales representatives and customers can interactively configure products on the web and generate CAD files dynamically.
- Runs completley inside SOLIDWORKS®
- Highly interactive product configuration dialog
- Possible to view changes in SOLIDWORKS® documents instantly
- Graphical easy to use environment for maintaining design rules.
- Selections and inputs can be made in any sequence and the user will always see which options are compatible with the requirements defined
- Automate routine engineering tasks in design-to-order processes
- Quickly generate 2D drawings and 3D models for quotations
- Migration from 2D to 3D is facilitated by quickly generating custom 3D models instead of reusing and modifying old drawings for new requirements
- Thousands of variants with unique CAD files can be generated automatically in batch mode
- A valid design solution is generated every time, even if input has only partial requirements.